Healthy Avocado Brownies Recipe
These avocado brownies are gluten free, healthy, free of refined sugar and they are super easy to make. Avocado in a dessert might sound strange, but the result is pretty interesting. If you are looking for a good and healthy dessert you should give these brownies a try.
- 1 Large avocado, ripe
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Maple syrup
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup (40g) Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (57g) Coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, spray the bottom and side with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place avocado, banana, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add eggs and whisk just until combined.
- Using a flour sifter, sift in coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then cut into desired size brownies.
Frequently asked questions:
WHAT CAN WE USE INSTEAD OF COCONUT FLOUR?
In this recipe I used coconut flour to make it gluten free, you also can use almond flour or other gluten free flour. Of you don't cake about gluten, you can use regular wheat flour, whole wheat flour or combination of several flours.
HOW TO STORE AVOCADO BROWNIES?
Store avocado brownies in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 4 days.
HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES: