Healthy Avocado and Tuna Salad Recipe
This avocado and tuna salad recipe is healthy, easy to make and very refreshing. This salad is great for keto or low carb diet and it has a lot of protein and good nutritional values. You can serve this salad as a side dish or even in a sandwich.
For the salad:
- 2 Large or 3 small avocados, ripe
- 1 large Cucumber
- 3 cans (420g) Tuna, drained
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 10-12 Cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 large diced tomato
For the dressing:
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Drain the tuna and place in a large bowl.
- Add diced avocado, diced cucumber, diced tomato, sliced onion and chopped cilantro.
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
What kind of tuna to use?
Both tuna in oil and tuna in water can be used. Although, the tuna in water version is healthier.
How to store avocado and tuna salad?
This salad is at its best on the day of preparation, but if you have a salad left, cover it, keep it in the fridge and serve the next day.
More Salad Recies: