Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe
Learn how to make homemade peanut butter. If you like peanut butter, but prefer the healthier version; without sugar and without any artificial preservatives. This homemade natural peanut butter recipe requires only one main ingredient, a blender and a few minutes of work.
- 3 cups (450g) Raw Peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Spread peanut in a single layer on a baking try and roast for 12 minutes.
- Wrap the peanuts in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove the skin. Let cool completely.
- Place the peanuts into the blender or to a large food processor, add salt and blend until smooth and creamy, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- At the beginning it seems like it’s not blending well, but you have to be patient. First it will be crumbly, then it will form a paste, then it will be smooth and creamy. All the process takes about 5-15 minutes (depending on your blender/food processor).
- Transfer the peanut butter to an airtight container or to a mason jar and store in the refrigerator.
Can I make smaller portion of peanut butter?
Do NOT reduce the quantity of almonds if using a blender. You need a minimum amount of peanuts (3 cups) in the blender to ensure the blades work properly.
How to store homemade peanut butter?
Keep peanut butter in the fridge up to a month.
What can we make with homemade peanut butter?
There are many options what you can make using homemade peanut butter. You can make somthing easy (and delicious) like peanut butter and jelly or somthing more "fancy" like peanut butter pie. Here are some dessert ideas you can prepare using homemade peanut butter: