Healthy Homemade Snickers Bars
Healthy homemade snickers bars are the perfect treat for snickers lovers, even if they are on a diet. These healthy bars are vegan, made of natural product, free of processed sugar and guilt free. Caramel, peanuts and chocolate never tasted so good and healthy.
- Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the caramel layer: remove the pit from the dates, place the dates in a large bowl, cover with hot water and let soak for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place soaked dates in a food processor. Add peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt. Process and smooth.
- Make the nougat layer:
- Take 1/4 of the caramel and place in a food processor, add oat flour, ground almonds. Process and combined and smooth.
- Firmly press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan. Then, spread the caramel and sprinkle roasted peanuts.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
- Make the coating: chop the chocolate, place in a heatproof bowl, add coconut oil and set the bowl over a pot with simmering water (double boiler). Melt the chocolate completely.
- Take the pan out of the freezer, release from the pan and cut into bars. Dip each bar in the melted chocolate and allow to set.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.