1. wash the tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove the core in each half. Use a spoon to scoop out the tomato seeds.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle tomatoes with sugar and salt.
3. Heat oven to 200F (90C) and dry until the tomatoes are shriveled around the edges but still plump. about 4-5 hours. leave the door slightly open. The time may change according to size of the tomatoes.
4. Transfer the tried tomatoes to sterilized jar. Between each 2-3 layers put sliced garlic, 1/4 tsp thyme and 1/4 tsp basil.
5. Heat 1 - 1.5 cups of olive oil (don’t bring to a boil) and pour into the jar to full cover. let sit 24 hours before using.