Learn how to make homemade almond milk! This almond milk is a good vegan, dairy-free and healthy substitute for cow's milk. You can use this milk for smoothies, for oatmeal porridge, overnight oats and more delicious and healthy recipes. This easy version is much healthier than the store bought almond milk and all you need is 5 minutes of work.
- 1 cup (140g) Raw almonds
- 4 cups (1 liter) Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Place raw almonds in a large bowl, cover with cold water and let soak overnight. Drain and rinse the almonds
2. Place the almonds in the blender or food processor, add water and vanilla extract. Blend at the highest speed for 2-3 minutes, until looks smooth and creamy.
3. Strain the almond milk through a nut-milk bag or cheesecloth, squeezing well to extract the extra liquid.
4. Pour the milk into an airtight container. Store in the fridge up to 4 days.
- If you want to make a sweet version, you can add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or one pitted madjul date when blending.
Recipes you can make with almond milk: