1. Roughly chop all the vegetables except garlic cloves.
2. In a large pot heat olive oil. Add chopped onions, chopped celery and whole garlic cloves. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 min, stirring frequently.
3. Add carrots, celery leaves, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns and salt. Pour water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1.5 – 2 hours.
4. Take the pot off the stove and remove all the vegetables with a slotted spoon. Set your strainer over a big bowl and Pour the stock through.
• You can use the stock fresh or freeze it for months.
• you may need more water.
Your email address will not be published