- Rinse the lentil under cold water and set aside.
- Heat oi in a large pan/pot. Add chopped onion and sauté over medium heat, until lightly golden, about 5-6 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water, coconut milk, lentils, salt, pepper. Stir well, bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Lentils should be soft and the sauce should be creamy. If too thick, add more water, too thin, simmer for 10-15 more (with a lid off).
- Check the seasoning, if needed add salt/pepper. Turn the heat off add chopped coriander and stir.
- Serve with rice, naan or as is.
Frequently asked questions:
WHAT TYPE OF LENTILS ARE THE BEST FOR LENTIL CURRY?
In this recipe I used green lentils, but to make the perfect lentil curry you can also use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils, green lentil or any kind of dried lentils.
HOW TO STORE LENTIL CURRY?
Lentil curry can be stored, covered, in the fridge, for up to 4-5 days.
CAN WE MAKE LENTIL CURRY WITHOUT COCONUT MILK?
Yes, you can make lentil curry without coconut cream, but remember, the curry will not be as creamy, the texture and the taste will be totally different. Therefore, I would not recommend skipping coconut milk.
Do You think this could be made in the Instapot?Reply
What is the calories in one serving size?Reply
Your email address will not be published