How to Make Homemade Almond Butter
Learn how to make homemade almond butter. This easy recipe makes smooth, creamy and super delicious almond butter that is way better then store-bought almond butter. This almond butter is natural and you don’t have add anything you don’t like. Spread this butter on a toast and enjoy healthy breakfast. You can make this easy recipe with a blender or a food processor.
- 16oz (450g) Almonds, raw (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons Neutral flavoured oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Spread almonds on a baking tray and roast for 8 minutes.
- Place almonds into the blender or to a large food processor, add salt and blend until smooth and creamy, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- If you are adding maple syrup and/or oil. Add them when starting to blend. At the beginning it seems like it’s not blending well, but you have to be patient. First it will be crumbly, then it will form a paste, then it will be smooth and creamy. All the process takes about 5-15 minutes (depending on your blender/food processor).
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container or to a mason jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Can I make smaller portion of almond butter? Do NOT reduce the quantity of almonds if using a blender. You need a minimum amount of almonds (3 cups) in the blender to ensure the blades work properly.
- Keep almond butter in the fridge up to a month.
- Using oil helps to achieve smooth and creamy butter.
Other recipes you may like: