Turkish Eggs Recipe (Cilbir)
Have you ever tried Turkish eggs? This breakfast includes yogurt spices with garlic, poached eggs and on top flavorful butter mixture. If you like eggs for breakfast or brunch you should try this rich and unique dish.
- 1 cup (245g) Yogurt, room temperature
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika/chili flakes/aleppo pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Chives/dill/parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Toasted bread for serving
- Fill a medium sized pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile: In a bowl, mix yogurt, crushed garlic, chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pan melt butter with paprika and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for later.
- When the water in the pot are boiling, reduce the heat to low. Crack an egg into a small bowl then gently slip egg into the simmering water. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove the eggs from water with a slotted spoon.
- Divide the yogurt between two plates. Top with an egg. Pour melted butter over the egg.
- Serve with toasted bread and enjoy!
More breakfast recipes: