This classic French toast is easy to make, takes only few minutes of work and of course, super delicious. Serve your French toast with fresh fruits and maple syrup and you have a perfect breakfast for Sunday morning.
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Milk
- 1 teaspoon white/brown Sugar *optional
- pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Butter + oil for frying
- Maple syrup for serving
1. In a shallow dish beat eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
2. Dip bread slices in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
3. Melt some butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat, add a bit of oil. Cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Serve immediately with fresh fruits, maple syrup or honey.
- Which bread is the best for making French toast: you can use challah bread, brioche bread, Texas Toast, sourdough bread or even whole wheat bread. I usually prefer to make my French toast with challah bread. See our bread recipes.
- What milk is the best for making French toast: you can use full fat milk, skim milk, cream or half and half. I prefer to make my French toast just with regular full fat milk.
Check Other Breakfast Recipes You May Like: