How to Make French Omelette
Learn how to make classic French omelette. Of all egg recipes French omelet probably is one of the most delicious recipes. If you haven’t tried French omelette before, you must try this silky, fluffy, rich and custardy omelette. This may sound like a complicated recipe, but if you follow the recipe step by step, you will learn the technique and you will manage to make the best omelette in the world!
- 2-4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and salt until fully combined.
- In a nonstick pan, over low heat, melt butter.
- When butter is melted, pour eggs. Using a rubber spatula, constantly scrape the bottom of the pan while shaking the pan in a circular motion, to ensure that the eggs cook slowly. Stop stirring as soon as eggs are very softly scrambled and creamy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, tilt skillet up by its handle, gently roll the omelette down over itself. Invert onto a plate, brush the omelette with butter, then sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately.
It is important to use the right size pan.
Best eggs to pan ratio:
2 eggs: 17-18cm (6-7 inches) pan
3 eggs: 20cm (8-inches) pan
4 eggs: 23-24 cm (9- inch) pan