Bread Omelette | Omelette in a Hole Recipe
This bread omelette recipe is the perfect dish for breakfast. This bread pocket omelette sandwich recipe has protein, cabs and veggies. A perfect start for the day. You can make this omelette in a hole with any kind of bread, any kind of veggies and any king of cheese that you like.
- 2 Bread slices
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 Green bell pepper, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1oz (30g) Cheese of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil or butter for cooking
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté onion and bell pepper for 5-6 minutes, until peppers are soft. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add cheese and mix. Set aside.
- Using a knife cut out the center of each slice of bread leaving an outline around the bread crust.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, place bread sliced in the pan, put the onion mixture in the hole, the pour the egg mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, until the bottom is set, flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- In this recipe I used low fat mozzarella cheese but you can use any kind of cheese that you like, such as: cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese, emmental cheese and more.
- In this recipe I used whole with bread but you can use any other bread that you like.
- You also can use other veggies: diced carrots, zucchini, eggplants, chili and more.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes: