- Make the wafers: preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, powdered sugar and Granulated sugar. Add the egg, vanilla extract and milk, stir until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until incorporated. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Scoop out about 1/2 teaspoon of the dough. Shape into balls and place on a baking tray lined with a parchment paper, keep cookies about 1½ inches apart as the batter will spread when baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden, allow to cool on cooling rack
- Make the custard: In a large bowl, beat together sweetened condensed milk and water until well combined. Add the instant pudding mix and beat, until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until no streaks remain.
- Assembly: arrange 1-2 cookies/crushed cookies at the bottom of the serving dish, then spread 1-2 tablespoons of the pudding, then arrange few banana slices. Repeat this process one more time. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish the top with additional cookies or cookie crumbs and banana slices.
How many cookies does the vanilla wafers recipe makes?
This vanilla wafers recipe makes about 50 cookies. You don’t need all the wafers for the banana pudding recipe, you will be left with a few extra cookies. you can keep them in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 5 days.
What kind of cookies can we use?
Originally, Magnolia Bakery's recipe use “nilla wafers”, but you can use butter cookies, digestive cookies, lady fingers, oatmeal cookies or almost every cookie that you lie
Store bought or homemade wafers?
In this recipe I made homemade vanilla wafers from scratch, but you can use store bought Nilla cookies and save some time.
In which serving dish can the pudding be served?
This recipe makes about 8 large individual portions or 12 medium sized individual portions. You also can serve banana pudding in a large glass bowl with 4-5 quart capacity or a 9x13 baking dish.
How long does Magnolia banana pudding last?
You can store banana pudding covered, in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
More dessert recipes:
Very yummy pudding thanks for sharing this tasty recipesReply
Glad you liked it :)Reply
Your email address will not be published