Plum crumble - quick and easy summer dessert. Even if you are not a great baker, you can make this dessert easily. serve it with ice cream and enjoy!
- 2.5 lb (1.15 kg) plums
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble:
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) ground almonds
- 1/3 cup (67g) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (90g) cold butter, cut into cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 360F (180C).
2. Slice the plums. Place in a large bowl, add white sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and mix well, until combined. Transfer to a 9-inch (23cm) baking dish.
3. In a large bowl place the ingredients of the crumble and rub with fingertips until the mixture resembles crumbs.
4. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the plum mixture. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the topping is golden-brown.
5. Cool slightly. Serve with ice cream.