Knafeh Recipe (Kunafa Recipe)
Knafeh or Kanafeh is super delicious middle eastern dessert that made of kadayif, cheese and syrup. If you never tried it, now it’s the time!
- 12oz (340g) kadayif/Kataifi
- ½ sticks (165g) + 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10oz (285g) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (33g) pistachios (roasted)
- Make the syrup: in a medium sized saucepan, combine sugar, water, rose water and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thickened, 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl separate well the kadayif noodles, add melted butter and mix well until the butter riches all part of the kadayif.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter on 9-inch (23cm) pan. Spread half the of kadayif noodles onto the bottom of the pan. Carefully press with wooden spoon. very gently spread the cheese, leave 1cm space at the edges and cover with the rest of the kadayif. Press gently on the top and on the edges to make beautiful round shape. Fry about 5 minutes over medium heat until the bottom is golden. Put a plate on top, and flip over the knafeh, and 1 tbsp of butter and fry the other side 5 minutes more, until golden.
- Turn the heat off and pour the syrup (you can use all the syrup or some of it). Transfer to a large plate and garnish with pistachios.