Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread recipe is healthy, free of refined sugar and easy to make. If you are looking for a guilt free dessert, this banana bread is for you! This recipe contains whole wheat flour instead of regular white wheat flour, honey instead of sugar, olive oil instead of vegetable oil and you can you use any milk that you like instead of regular cow’s milk. The result is moist, rich and delicious banana bread.
- 3 Large bananas, ripe
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Coconut oil/olive oil
- 1/3 cup (115g) Honey/maple
- 1½ cups (190g) Whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a 9X5-inch (23X12cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add eggs and whisk until combined. Add honey and whisk until combined. Add milk, olive oil/coconut oil, vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
3. In a separate bowl stir flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Add flour mixture into wet mixture and stir until combined. Add chopped walnuts and give a last stir.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. If after 30 minutes in the oven, the bread turns too brown, cover with foil for the rest of baking.
6. Let cool on a wire rack before serving.