1. Make the dough: in a mixing bowl place flour, yeast and sugar. Mix. Add salt, water and oil. Knead the dough 7-8 minutes.
2. Transfer the dough to greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile make the filling: over medium heat sauté chopped onion for 2-3 minutes, add crushed garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes more. Add ground beef, salt, pepper, thyme, cumin and pine nuts. cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool.
4. Divide the dough into 16-20 equal pieces and shape each piece into ball. Roll the balls into 3-3.5" (7-9cm) diameter circle. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center, close the dough tight and shape a ball. Place all the balls in a baking try, cover and let rest 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 355F (180C).
6. Brush the buns with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame. Bake 20 minutes.
Can I freeze these? And just re-bake them in the oven?Reply
I froze these after baking them and the kids microwave them on a paper towel on the plate so they don't get soggy. Love these.Reply
Your email address will not be published