1. Put flour, yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and add salt, oil and water.
2. With dough hook attachment knead the dough for 6-7 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel, let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
3. When the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a lightly floured countertop. Divide into 6 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Dig your thumbs into the center to create a hole and stretch the dough outward to create an oval ring.
4. Dip the bagels in cold water then dip coat with sesame seeds. Place the bagels on a try lined with parchments paper. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 190C (375F).
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Until golden brown.
What about oil?Reply
Do you use raw or toasted sesame seeds?Reply
Is the oil in the dough or only for greasing the bowl?????Reply
There is olive in the the dough (3 tbsp) and you also need to grease the bowl.Reply Show More Comments
Five star recipe, simple to follow with perfect results! I ended up with 8 beautiful large bagels. Next time I think I will try to divide it into 10 or 12. Thank you for a great recipe, worth repeating.Reply
Can you halve the recipe to make half the dough?Reply
Hi is there a way I can freeze these before baking?Reply
I’m curious about this too.Reply
I do not have a parchment paper or baking paper..what should i doReply
Get some. lolReply
Your email address will not be published