1. Put flour, yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and add salt, oil and water.
2. With dough hook attachment knead the dough for 6-7 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel, let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
3. When the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a lightly floured countertop. Divide into 6 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Dig your thumbs into the center to create a hole and stretch the dough outward to create an oval ring.
4. Dip the bagels in cold water then dip coat with sesame seeds. Place the bagels on a try lined with parchments paper. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 190C (375F).
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Until golden brown.