1. In a small bowl mix yeast, sugar and 1/3 cup of warm water. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix flour with salt. Add olive oil, yeast mixture and water. Mix until a dough is formed. Knead the dough about 6-7 minutes. until the dough is smooth and elastic. If the dough to sticky add more flour, if the dough to dry add a little bit of water.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with towel or plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled in size. About 1 hour.
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, gently push the air out and divide into 10 equal pieces about 3oz (85g) each piece. Roll each piece into a smooth ball, cover and let rest 30 minutes.
5. preheat oven to 450F (230C) with the baking tray inside.
6. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into about 6-inch (15cm) circle. Set aside on a lightly floured countertop. cover with a towel and let pitas rest about 10-15 minutes.
7. Bake the pitas for 4-5 minutes. remove from the oven and cover immediately with towel. Keep in closed bag.
thanks for the recipe, i will try it!Reply
do you oil the baking tray before put the pita on?Reply
Your email address will not be published