This cornbread recipe is the best one you can find. This homemade cornbread is soft, moist, and buttery. After trying this buttermilk cornbread recipe with crisp-crunchy edges you will never try other recipe. The recipe is super simple and baked in a simple baking pan. Serve it with some butter and honey and enjoy!
- 1 cup (125g) All-purpose flour
- 1 cup (120g) Yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (67g) white/brown sugar or honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) Buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk melted butter and sugar. Then, add eggs and whisk until combined. Add buttermilk and whisk until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top, until and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to slightly cool before slicing. Serve with butter and honey or jam.
- As a sweetener you can use white sugar/brown sugar or honey.
- Do not over mix the batter. it can make your cornbread tough.
More Dessert You May Like: