How to Make Caramel Popcorn
Learn how to make the best caramel popcorn at home. This easy recipe makes crispy, sweet and delicious caramel popcorn. If you are looking for a caramel popcorn recipe without corn syrup, this recipe is for you! The perfect snack for family gathering, movies and more.
For the popcorn:
- 1 tablespoon Butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 90g Popcorn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
For the caramel:
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar
- 100 ml Water
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Butter
- In a large pot heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- When butter is melted add popcorn kernels and salt to the pot, stir well, cover with a lid and cook over low heat until popcorn stop popping.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
- In the same pan combine sugar and water, heat over medium heat until sugar dissolved and turns thick brown, amber-colored liquid (do not stir). Be careful not to burn. Once sugar is completely melted and reached a deep amber color, remove the saucepan from heat and add the butter. Stir immediately until melted and smooth.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and mix immediately until evenly coated. Spread it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and allow to set for 10-15 minutes.
- Break in into pieces and serve.
- You also can use microwave popcorn.