For the cake:
For the ganache:
1. Preheat oven 160C (320F). line the bottom of an 9X5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Chop the chocolate into small pieces, transfer to a large heat-proof bowl, add butter. Place the bowl over a double boiler and melt completely.
4. Remove from heat, add both sugars, oil and mix until combined. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs and stir until incorporated.
5. Sift in dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
6. Add boiling coffee and mix until combined.
7. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Meanwhile make the ganache: Chop the chocolate, place in a large bowl. In a saucepan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let cool for 10-20 minutes.
9. Release the cake from the tin, pour the ganache over the cake, sprinkle some chocolate shavings and let set.
More Chocolate Recipes You May Like:
This turned out amazing! Thanks for the recipe. I've already baked it twice.Reply
Great recipe, but didn't see when the vanilla is added.Reply
I just looked at the video and saw vanilla is added with eggs!Reply
This is nice. I'll try this.Reply
Your email address will not be published