This apple cake recipe is the easiest you cake find! Only few basic ingredients, 15 minutes of work and you got the most delicious layered apple cake. 4 layers of soft semolina layers, 3 layers of moist and delicious apple layers. No kneading required, no eggs, no yeast and just 2 bowls.
- 1 cup (125g) Flour
- 1 cup (170g) semolina
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. (175g) Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (30g) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Milk
- 6 apples
- 2-3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease 8-inch (20cm) round cake pan with butter, line bottom and sides with parchment paper. Grease the parchment as well.
- In a large bowl mix flour, semolina, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Peel the apples, grate and transfer to a bowl. Add lemon juice and stir. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 of the flour mixture over the bottom of the pan, then spread 1/3 of the grated apples. Repeat this process with the reaming flour mixture and grated apples. In total: 4 flour layer and 3 apple layers.
- In a small bowl mix milk and melted butter. Pour milk mixture over the cake and pierce with a fork so the milk mixture will pass through the layers.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
More Easy Cake Recipes: