1. preheat oven to 360F(180C). Prepare 9-inch (23cm) springform pan.
2. To make the crust, process biscuits and ground almonds in food processor until fine, add melted butter and process again until combined. Press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
3. Meanwhile make the filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese on medium speed and add sugar gradually until fluffy. Add sour cream and heavy cream and beat on low speed. Beat in cornstarch and add eggs, 1 at the time, beating well after each addition until combined. Add vanilla, lemon zest and juice; beat just until combined (DO NOT OVERMIX!)
4. Brush the sides of the spring form tin with melted butter and pour the filling mixture. Tap few times to release air bubbles.
5. Place the tin (covered well with foil) into hot water bath and bake 30 min at 180c/360f, after 30 min Reduce oven temperature to 150c/300f for 30 min more. Turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 1 hour. Let the cake cool in room temperature for 1-2 hours and refrigerate until completely cold before serving at least 6 hours.
6. Gently release the cake from spring form, slice the cake with sharp knife deep in warm water (for clean slices).
I want to try your recipe, what kind of biscuit we can use for this recipe?Reply
graham crackers/digestive biscuitReply
Hi. What is the substitute for ground almonds?Reply
Hi. How do I adjust the ingredients for 6 inch springform pan?Reply
Your email address will not be published