1. To a large bowl pure hot water. Add 1 teaspoon coffee and whisk. Set aside.
2. Fill a saucepan with 2-3 inches of water. Place over medium heat-high heat. When boiling reduce the heat to low.
3. Whisk together the gelatin and the cold water in a small bowl, set it aside to let the gelatin absorb the water.
4. In medium size heatproof bowl place egg yolks and sugar. Set the mixing bowl over the saucepan (when the water barely simmering) and start whisking. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Keep whisking constantly, until the sugar is dissolved, and the custard thickens. The temperate of egg yolk should reach 158ºF (70ºC). remove the bowl from heat and let cool.
5. In other bowl put mascarpone cheese and soften it. Add the mascarpone into the custard and beat until smooth.
6. Beat heavy cream with and vanilla extract, until medium peak forms. Gradually fold in the heavy cream mixture into the mascarpone mixture. Fold until well combined. Melt the gelatin for 15 seconds in the microwave and pure to the filling. Stir until incorporated.
7. To assemble: prepare an 8-inch (20cm) cake ring or springform pan. Place clear cake collar around the ring. Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee mixture until soaked but not soggy. Then line them in the bottom of 8-inch (20cm) cake ring or springform pan. Try not to leave space between the ladyfingers. Top with half of the mascarpone cream. Spread evenly. Repeat with remaining ladyfingers. then top with remaining mascarpone cream and spread into an even layer
8. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
9. Before serving, dust with cocoa powder.
Your email address will not be published