This easy ricotta and honey cheesecake is so creamy and light. The recipe requires only few basic ingredients and 20-30 minutes of work. If you like honey in your desserts and cakes, you will love this honey cheesecake. This recipe doesn’t contain any processed sugar and if you are using low fat ricotta it makes this recipe much healthier than a regular cheesecake. Serve this baked ricotta cheesecake with fresh fruits and an extra drizzle of honey.
For the crust:
- 7oz (200g) Biscuits/Graham crackers
- 1½ oz (50g) Ground almonds
- 7 tablespoons (100g) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling:
- 2 pounds (900g) Ricotta cheese, fresh
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup (250g) Honey
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (15g) Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a food processor or Ziploc bag crush cookies into fine crumbs. Add ground almond and melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of 9-inch (23cm) springform pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Set aside while making the filling.
- In a large bowl place ricotta, honey and salt. Beat until incorporated and smooth. Add heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract, beat until combined. add cornstarch and beat until combined. Add eggs, one at the time, beating to combine after each addition. Do not over beat.
- Place the pan on a large piece of foil, and fold the foil up the sides of the pan. Pour the filling over the crust. Place the pan inside a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to go halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake the cheesecake for 50-60 minutes, until the edge is set but the center jiggles slightly. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven. Let cool to room temperature for one hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Release chilled cheesecake from the pan and serve.
More Cheesecake Recipes: