For the crust:
For the filling:
1. In a food processor process flour, sugar and salt. Add cold cubed butter, vanilla extract and process until crumps are formed. Add egg yolk and 1-2 ice water, process until dough is formed.
2. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board. Lightly dust the top of the dough or the rolling pin with flour as needed. roll until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
4. Transfer the dough to a 9-10-inch (24-25cm) tart pan. evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of your pan. Trim off the excess dough off the top of the tart pan. Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with the tines of a fork. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 360F/180C
6. Make the filling: in a large bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and heavy cream and sour cream. Mix until smooth. Add vanilla extract, lemon zest, cornstarch and mix again. Add 2 eggs, one at the time mix until smooth. Do not over mix.
7. line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights. Bake for 15 min. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 5 min.
8. Pour the filling into the tart, don’t over fill. Fill just 3/4 of the tart. Carefully place halved figs and bake 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set.
Your email address will not be published