For the crust:
For the filling:
For the ganache:
1. To make the crust: In a food processor or a Ziploc bag, crush Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of 8-inch (20cm) springform pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
2. Chop the chocolate, melt in the microwave in 30 second pulses or over a double boiler.
3. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth, add melted chocolate beat until combined and smooth.
4. In a separate bowl whip heavy cream to medium peaks. Gradually fold into the cheesecake mixture.
5. Pour the filling into the pan. Place in the freezer while making the topping.
6. Chop the chocolate, place in a large bowl. In a saucepan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour over the cheesecake.
7. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Do we have to keep the cake in the freezer or normal refrigerator? Also can u tell how long will the cheesecake last once taken out of the refrigerator without melting.Reply
What is the plastic wrapped around the top of the pan?Reply
You can use parchment paperReply
Haven't tried this yet, but am going to. It looks very scrumptious!!Reply
Heavenly! I am a chocoholic with heart failure and type 2 diabetes. The Type 2 is controlled with diet only. My carbs are limited to about 30 per day. Cheesecake is much easier to convert than cookies or cake! For the crust, I used 1 3/4 cups of walnuts, pulsed in food processor until large crumbs, added 1/4 cup fine almond flour, 1 Tbsp powdered monkfruit/erythritol and 1/4 cup melted butter. I substituted powdered monkfruit/erythritol and sugar-free Lily's chocolate chips in the cheesecake batReply
The cake was delicious. I made it for my son's birthday. The only thing that the family commented and I would change is the topping. Everyone said it was too sweet because of the milk chocolate. So I will replace it with semisweet chocolate. Thanks.Reply
What should I do if I have a 9inch pan?Reply
I've made this several times for friends and keep getting Great reviews. Thanks for this Delicious recipe.Reply
Hi there, Can I add coffee to the cheesecake mixture just to add that flavour?Reply
Your email address will not be published