For the crust:
For the filling:
For the ganache:
1. To make the crust: In a food processor or a Ziploc bag, crush Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into bottom of 8-inch (20cm) springform pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
2. Chop the chocolate, melt in the microwave in 30 second pulses or over a double boiler.
3. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth, add melted chocolate beat until combined and smooth.
4. In a separate bowl whip heavy cream to medium peaks. Gradually fold into the cheesecake mixture.
5. Pour the filling into the pan. Place in the freezer while making the topping.
6. Chop the chocolate, place in a large bowl. In a saucepan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour over the cheesecake.
7. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.