- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) round baking pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom and the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add ricotta cheese, sour cream and beat until combined.
- Add egg, one at the time, beating until combined after each addition. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and beat until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the raspberries. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. After 40 minutes of baking, cover with aluminum foil to keep it from browning further.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, then release from the pan and allow to cool completely or serve warm.
Frequently asked questions:
FRESH RASPBERRIES OR FROZEN RASBERRIES?
In this recipe I used frozen raspberries, because fresh ones not in season right now. But you can also can make this cake with fresh raspberries.
WHAT CAN WE USE INSTEAD OF SOUR CREAM?
Sour cream gives a nice touch of velvety sourness to the cake, if you can't reach sour cream in your country, you can use cream cheese instead or even replace the sour cream with the same amount of sour cream.
CAN WE USE OTHER BERRIES TO MAKE THIS CAKE?
Yes, you can use blueberries, blackberries, cherries, strawberries or a berry mix to make this cake. Use the same amount.
HOW TO STORE RASPBERRY RICOTTA CAKE?
Store the cake, covered, in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
OTHER CAKE RECIPES: