For the cheesecake:
For the red velvet cake:
For the frosting:
1. Make the cheesecake: Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C). Wrap a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan tightly with aluminum foil and place into a deep roasting pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition. Add sour cream, heavy cream, salt, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into prepared springform pan. Pour boiling water into roasting pan so that water comes halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until completely set. Turn the heat off, open oven door and let the cake cool in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove from oven. Cool on wire rack until completely cool then transfer to freezer. Freeze until completely solid, at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Make the red velvet cake: Preheat oven to 350F (175C). prepare two 8-inch (20cm) round baking pans greased with butter and dust with flour.
6. In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir and set aside.
7. In a separate large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at the time, beating until combined after each addition. Add oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, buttermilk and beat until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix after each addition until well combined. Add food coloring and mix.
8. Pour the batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Release from the pan, then let cool completely. when completely cooled, cut the top of the cakes.
10. Make the frosting: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
11. Assembly: Place one cake layer into the center of a cake plate or platter. Spread a thin layer of frosting. Remove cheesecake from freezer. Place cheesecake layer on top of the frosting layer, trim the edges to fit (if needed). Spread another thin layer of frosting. Top with second red velvet layer.
12. Spread a layer of frosting over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle white chocolate shavings over the top of the cake (optional). Crumb the leftover of the cake tops and decorate around the bottom of the cake.
13. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
More Cheesecake Recipes you may like
More Cake Recipes you may like
Hey! is the butter for the red velvet cheesecake recipe salted or unsalted? Wanting to make one for my husband's birthday this weekend. Thank you in advance!Reply
Unsalted. Happy birthday!Reply Show More Comments
Hi for the red velvet cheesecake can I use melted butter instead of vegetable oil ?Reply
Came out beautifully, wish I could post a picture. Thank you.Reply
Is there an alternative for the Vegetable Oil.. Thanks in Advance.Reply
Hi, can I use one springform pan for the red velvet cake? I only have one, and the cake seems quite thin.Reply
Hi I am interested in the position and would like to knowReply
Your email address will not be published