This Mexican hot chocolate is smooth, creamy and extra rich. Made with cinnamon and a hint of chili. The perfect comfort food for cold winter days. This version of hot chocolate (chocolate caliente) is very easy to make and requires only 5-10 minutes of work.
- 1½ cups (360ml) Milk
- 1 tablespoon (8) Cocoa powder
- 2oz (60g) Dark chocolate
- 1-2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper / chili powder (optional)
- Pinch Salt
1. Chop the chocolate. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add milk, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon stick, chili powder/cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in chopped chocolate and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely melted. Remove cinnamon stick.
4. Pour into a mug, garnish with whole cinnamon stick. Serve hot!
More Recipes You May Like: