Butter chicken is a traditional Indian dish that popular all over India. Learn how to make easy homemade butter chicken (murgh makhani). This recipe is so colorful, creamy, rich and super delicious. If you like Indian food you’re going to love this amazing dish!
For the chicken marinate:
for the sauce:
1. In a large bowl, season the chicken with salt, chili powder, cumin, grated garlic and grated ginger. Let sit in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to marinate.
2. In a large pan heat oil, add the chicken and fry for 5-6 minutes, until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. sauté chopped onion for 4-5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts and water. Season with garlic paste, salt, chili powder, garam masala, cumin, sugar and vinegar. Simmer over low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
4. Blend the sauce with a hand blender or in a food processor (with the lid open) until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Pour back to the pan.
5. To the sauce add the remaining butter, cream and cooked chicken pieces. (if you have, add kasoori methi). Cook for 5-7 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and fresh cream.
6. Serve with naan bread or rice.