This quick and easy chickpea curry is great alternative for those who don’t eat chicken or meat. This curry is rich in flavor, smell amazing and really delicious. All you need is few basic ingredients, 30 minutes of work and you’ve got this creamy chickpea curry. This dish is not only vegan but also gluten free. So you can serve it for everyone. Perfect meal for weekend dinner.
INGREDIENTS FOR YIELDS
2 tablespoons Oil
Garlic, 4 cloves
1 tablespoon Grated ginger
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Curry powder
2 teaspoons Garam masala
4 small Tomatoes, chopped
1 can (300g-drained) Chickpeas
1 can (400ml) Coconut milk
1/4 bunch Fresh coriander
2 tablespoons Lime/lemon juice
Rice or naan for serving
1. In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic, grated ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add cumin, garam masala, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. About 5-10 minutes.
4. Add chickpeas and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Until slightly thickened. Check seasoning and add more salt if needed.
5. Turn the heat off and stir in chopped coriander and lemon juice.
Turmeric mentioned in the instructions but it’s not in ingredients listed?Reply
"To taste", lol.Reply
What is the turmeric Measurement?Reply
This is amazing!! It is my go to dish now. Easy, fast, cheap and seriously so good. I like to add a bit of smoked paprika and chili powder in the beginning with the rest of the spices. Thanks for sharing.Reply
Your email address will not be published