1. Slice mushrooms and chop onion.
2. In a large pot melt the butter, add sliced mushrooms and cook over medium heat, until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook for about 4-5 minutes more. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Pour veggie stock into the pot, season with salt, pepper, ground ginger and nutmeg and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and blend the soup until smooth.
5. Return to heat, add heavy cream, simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. Check the seasoning, and add more seasoning if needed.
• The consistency depends on the amount of liquids. if you want thicker soup add 4-5 cups of stock, if you want thinner soup add 5-6 cups of stock.
• If you want a deeper flavor, add 1 cup of white wine.
• You can use any type of mushrooms that you like.