How To Make Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Nothing can be compared to fresh cheese that you made by yourself. Follow this easy recipe to learn how to make homemade ricotta cheese.
- 8¼ cups (2 liters) milk - not UHT pasteurized
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Line a large colander with layer of cheesecloth and place over a large bowl.
- Pour the milk and cream into a large pot, add salt and heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching, Let it warm gradually to 195F/90C.
- Turn off the heat and pour in the vinegar, stir very gently to combine. Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the cheesecloth-lined colander and allow it to drain into the bowl for 20 to 60 minutes. The longer you let the mixture drain, the thicker the ricotta
*Do not use UHT (Ultra High Temperature) pasteurized milk. only pasteurized milk.
*Do not use skim and nonfat milks. only 3% or whole milk for best results.
Hi! How many grams of cheese does this recipe make? Thank you!Reply
Your email address will not be published