The Best Corn Soup Recipe
This corn soup is so easy to make, it takes only 5 minutes of work and about 20 minutes of cooking. If you like corn, you need to try this amazing corn soup, this soup is rich, creamy, comforting and super easy to make. Perfect for cold winter evening and for days you don’t have time to cook. The soup is kid friendly, it’s vegan and you can make it with any kind of corn.
- 2-3 tablespoons Butter/olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (32g) Flour
- 2½ cups Corn, fresh/frozen/canned
- 2L (8 cups) Water/chicken stock/vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 can (400ml) Coconut milk, optional
- Croutons for serving (optional)
- In a large pot heat 2 tablespoons for olive oil (or butter). Add chopped onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, add crushed garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add corn, water/stock and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Reserve one cup of the corn for later (optional step), turn the heat off and blend the soup until smooth.
- Return reserved corn to the soup, add coconut milk (optional) and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Check the seasoning and add spices of needed.
- Serve with croutons.