Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe
This cauliflower mac and cheese is creamy, cheesy and so delicious! If you like macaroni and cheese but you want to reduce carbs in your diet this recipe is for you. This version of mac and cheese is perfect as quick and easy family dinner.
- 1 large head of Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 tablespoons (60g) Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons (45g) Flour
- 2 cups (480ml) Milk
- 1 cup (110g) Cheddar cheese, grated plus extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 cup (40g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- To a large pot of boiling water add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add cauliflower florets and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat, add crushed garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add flour, cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. While constantly whisking, gradually pour in the milk. Keep cooking and whisking over medium-low heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, paprika, Dijon mustard and cheddar cheese. Stir until melted and combined.
- Spread cauliflower florets over the bottom of a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and stir until combined. Sprinkle some grated cheddar and parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.