Cheesy Cauliflower Bake Recipe (Cauliflower Cheese)
This cauliflower bake is cheesy, creamy and very delicious. This cheesy cauliflower casserole recipe is pretty easy to make and you can any cheese that you like. This cauliflower bake recipe is a low carb (keto) version of macaroni and cheese, so if you like mac and cheese you going to love this amazing dish!
- 1 large head of Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 tablespoons (60g) Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons (45g) Flour
- 2 cups (480ml) Milk
- 1 cup (110g) Cheddar cheese, grated plus extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 cup (40g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- To a large pot of boiling water add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add cauliflower florets and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat, add crushed garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add flour, cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. While constantly whisking, gradually pour in the milk. Keep cooking and whisking over medium-low heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, paprika, Dijon mustard and cheddar cheese. Stir until melted and combined.
- Spread cauliflower florets over the bottom of a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and stir until combined. Sprinkle some grated cheddar and parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
HOW TO STORE CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BAKE?
Keep leftover cauliflower bake in an airtight container, in the fridge up to 3 days. Heat in the microwave or in the oven before baking.
CAN CHEESY CAULIFLOER BAKE BE MADE AHEAD?
Yes, follow the instructions until section 5, then but put in the fridge instead of baking and bake before serving.
WHAT TYPE OF CHEESE CAN WE USE?
I used cheddar cheese. But you can use any other type of cheese, or several types combined. You can use any type of cheese that melts: Mozzarella, gruyere cheese, Provolone, Asiago Cheese, Gouda and more.