Creamy pumpkin Soup recipe - easy, comforting pumpkin soup that anyone can make. Best soup for autumn and winter season. For a vegan version of this soup you can substitute the cream with count cream or just leave it out.
- 2 pounds (1 kg) pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4¼ cups (1.1L) water/vegetable stock/chicken stock
- 1/3 cup cream (leave out for vegan version)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Sour cream (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
1. In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic. sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add diced carrots and cook 2 minutes more. Add potatoes, pumpkin and pour in the stock.
2. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, until all the vegetables are soft.
3. Take out the thyme.
4. Puree with an immersion blender or in a stand blender until very smooth.
5. Add the cream and nutmeg, stir and bring to a simmer.
6. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and eat with sour cream (optional).