For the topping:
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan.
2. In a small bowl stir melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Transfer to the prepared pan. Arrange banana rounds on top of brown sugar mixture.
3. Make the cake: in a bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, set aside. Stir until incorporated. In a separate large bowl mash bananas, add eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract and sugar. Whisk until combined. add flour mixture and stir until combined.
4. Pour the batter over the banana and caramel layer, bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven, allow to cool 5 minutes, turn out onto serving platter. Let cool slightly before serving.
Question: What size spring form pan was used? Thank You!Reply
Forgive me. When all else falls Read! Looks Tasty. Will try today. I have 4 bananas begging to be loved. Be Blessed and Be Well.!!! Thank You again!!!Reply
When it says white sugar is that granulated or caster please?Reply
Your recipe doesn't mention caramel mixture gets poured into pan, then banana slices are placed on top of caramel before banana cake mixture is added. That step is missing from instructions. I'm glad I watched the video first to understand this step. Thanks for good demo.Reply
Sorry, I just read your recipe again - and yes it does mention caramel and sliced bananas. My error. Apologies.Reply
Your email address will not be published