1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/175ºC.
2. Slice the ends the eggplants, then slice them lengthwise into ¼ -inch slices and lay them on a baking tray lined in parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle some olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, egg, lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, pepper and basil.
4. Increase oven heat to 400ºF/200ºC.
5. Spread 3/4 cup (200g) of sauce over bottom of a baking dish. Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture onto eggplant slice then roll it up. Arrange the rolls ups in the baking dish, seam-side down. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Your email address will not be published