For the crust:
For the filling:
1. In a food processor, process flour, sugar and salt. Then add cubed butter and pulse until crumbs are formed. Add egg yolk and cold water, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
2. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. Then roll out the dough on a lightly floured board. Lightly dust the top of the dough. Roll until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch (23-24cm) pie pan. evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of your pan. Trim off the excess dough off the top of the pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
3. Meanwhile make the filling: in a large bowl whisk eggs and both sugars until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, heavy cream, vanilla extract and spices, stir until combined.
4. Preheat oven to 420F (215C).
5. Fill the crust with the pumpkin mixture and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 340F (170C) and bake for 35-45 minutes, until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely before serving.
• Cover the edges of the pie crust with a pie crust shield as needed to prevent them from over-browning.
• Let the pie to chill completely before serving
• You can use canned or homemade pumpkin puree, but don’t use sweetened.