1. peel pears, leaving stem intact and being careful not to blemish the flesh of the pears. Slice 1/2-inch off the bottom of the pears to create a flat bottom.
2. In a medium size saucepan combine red wine, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and sugar. Place pealed pears in the liquid. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes. turning every 5 minutes to ensure even color, until pears are cooked but still firm
3. Cool to room temperature. cover and chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours. Drizzle each pear with few tablespoons syrup and serve.
• Before serving you also can simmer the syrup without the pears for another 15-20 min to get more syrupy liquid.
• You can serve in cold or at room temperature.
• I used medium size pears but I recommend to use large pears for better results.
Your email address will not be published