For the crust:
For the filling:
1. Make the crust: In a food processor, process flour, sugar and salt. Then add cubed butter and pulse until crumbs are formed. Add egg and vanilla extract, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
2. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place the dough on a lightly floured board, dust the top of the dough and roll out the dough until its about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch (23-24cm) pie dish. Trim edge, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold overhang under and lightly press against rim of pie plate, then crimp decoratively. Pierce the bottom with a fork. Freeze the dough for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
4. Blind baking: line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights. Bake for 15 min. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 10 minutes or until crust is slightly golden.
5. Make the filling: in a small saucepan melt butter, sugar, salt, corn syrup, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and stir. Let cool slightly, then add eggs and whisk until incorporated. Stir in chopped pecans.
6. Pour over the crust. Arrange on top a layer of halved pecans. Brush whit extra filling liquids.
7. Bake for 40-50 minutes, after 15 minutes cover with foil or crust shield. Let cool for at least 2 hours before serving.