For the spring rolls:
For the sauce:
1. Make the sauce: place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
2. Prepare all vegetables: slice carrot and cucumber into thin strips, chop cabbage and Gather all your filling ingredients on a large plate.
3. Cook vermicelli noodles in boiling water, for just a few minutes, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
4. Cook the shrimp in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to ice water, pat-try and cut in half length-wise. Remove tails (optional).
5. Add about 1 inch of water to a large, deep dish. Place one rice wrapper into the water and let soak for a few seconds. It should still feel pretty firm as you remove it and lay it on your counter or plate.
6. On the 1/3 section of the rice paper wrapper closest to you, start layering your veggies, herbs and cooked rice noodles, roll until you have about 1/3 of rice paper left, then lay about 2-3 pieces of shrimp, cut side up in a row, season with salt and finish rolling.