Learn how to make fresh spring rolls – fresh vegetables and shrimp wrapped in rice paper, with delicious peanut butter sauce. This recipe for Vietnamese spring rolls (also known as summer rolls) is easy, clean and healthy.
For the spring rolls:
For the sauce:
1. Make the sauce: place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
2. Prepare all vegetables: slice carrot and cucumber into thin strips, chop cabbage and Gather all your filling ingredients on a large plate.
3. Cook vermicelli noodles in boiling water, for just a few minutes, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
4. Cook the shrimp in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to ice water, pat-try and cut in half length-wise. Remove tails (optional).
5. Add about 1 inch of water to a large, deep dish. Place one rice wrapper into the water and let soak for a few seconds. It should still feel pretty firm as you remove it and lay it on your counter or plate.
6. On the 1/3 section of the rice paper wrapper closest to you, start layering your veggies, herbs and cooked rice noodles, roll until you have about 1/3 of rice paper left, then lay about 2-3 pieces of shrimp, cut side up in a row, season with salt and finish rolling.