Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Learn how to make quick and easy teriyaki chicken. This authentic teriyaki chicken recipe combines salty flavors, sweet flavors and sour flavors, and you can feel these flavors in every bite. After trying this one pan homemade teriyaki recipe ones, you can forget using store-bought teriyaki bottled sauce. Serve it with a side of rice and steamed broccoli and you have an easy dinner that takes only 20 minutes to make.
For the chicken:
- 1½ pounds (675g) Chicken thighs or breast, skinless and boneless
- Pinch Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons (60g) Honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Mirin – optional
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Steamed broccoli
- Green onions
1. Make the sauce: in a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey/sugar, vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, water, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat, add the chicken, fry on one side for 6-7 minutes, until golden. Flip and fry for 4-5 minutes more.
3. Pour in the sauce and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly and chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Serve with rice and steamed broccoli, garnish with green onions.
More Easy Chicken Recipes: