For the falafel:
1. Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and cover them with about 2-3 inches of cold water. Let soak overnight, then wash and drain.
2. To a food processor add roughly chopped onion, garlic cloves, parsley, coriander and spices. Pulse for 30-60 seconds. Add drained chickpeas to the food processor, process until smooth but still crumbly.
3. Transfer to a large bowl, add breadcrumbs/flour and mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Remove falafel mixture from the fridge and shape into burger patties.
5. In a large pan or skillet heat olive oil. Fry falafel burger over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel. Second option: spray with cooking oil and bake the burgers for 25 minutes at 200C (400F).
6. Spread some tahini sauce or hummus on the burger bus, place the burger on top. Garnish with tomato, red onion, pickles and lettuce.
More Recipes You May Like: