1. Finely chop 1 onion. Peel and grate carrot and beet roots.
2. Heat olive oil. Sauté chopped onion 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated carrot, grated beetroots. Cook stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes.
3. Drain the liquids and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
4. With a hand blender, blend chickpeas, tahini paste and lemon juice until smooth.
5. Transfer the chickpea mixture to the beetroot mixture, Mix well with your hands until incorporated. Season and refrigerate for 30 minutes. form into burgers.
6. Two methods the cook the burgers: 1. Fry over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. 2. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180C (360F). 7. Assemble the burger and enjoy!