1. To a large pot of water add salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, sauté for 2-3 minutes, add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add sliced Chestnut mushrooms and shimeji mushrooms, season with salt, pepper and thyme, cook until golden brown and softened, about 6-7 minutes. Add white wine and cook until reduced by half.
3. Add the stock, cream, grated Parmesan cheese, salt pepper, nutmeg and stir. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add drained pasta, chopped parsley and toss. If needed add more cream/liquid.
5. Serve immediately.
• You can use any mushrooms that you like.
• If you prefer making the recipe without alcohol, replace the wine with cream/stock.
• You can use heavy cream or half & half.